One of the things I love most about radio is the surprise. Not knowing what artist will play next ~ an old favorite or possibly a new. So I often set the (currently) 32-hour Acoustic Pie playlist to “shuffle” mode to play the 500+ songs in random order. Each time I hear a Robyn Landis song I feel a delicious surprise and I think, “Gosh, that’s a beautiful song. Gosh, what a beautiful voice.” And that’s what I love about radio. Robyn was voted by listeners into two spots on the Top 20 this month, no. 5 and 11.
Two Weepies songs this month (no. 10 and 19) ~ no surprise there!
The no. 1 spot is held by a new-to-me artist Landon Pigg whom I heard on my favorite XM satellite station The Coffee House (at no. 51 on the satellite dial). Their advertised genre is “acoustic singer-songwriters”! You’ll think I’m silly to find that so exciting but I started the Pie in 2002 because it was impossible to find acoustic arrangements of original songs on the radio. And now there’s a whole satellite station devoted to it. I just think that is wonderful and amazing.
I think you’re all wonderful and amazing, too! Thanks for listening and for voting for your favorites!
Top 20 Songs on Acoustic Pie
Artist ~ Song ~ Album
1. Landon Pigg ~ Made for Glory ~ The Boy Who Never
2. Tim O’Brien ~ Like I Used To Do ~ Odd Man In
3. Syd ~ Back Home ~ Fault Lines
4. Danny Schmidt ~ Accidentally Daisies ~ Instead the Forest Rose to Sing
5. Robyn Landis ~ She Don’t Have Your Eyes ~ Many Moons
6. Jonathan Byrd ~ The Cold & Hungry Night ~ This is the New That
7. Stephen Kellogg ~ Such a Way ~ Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
8. Richard Shindell ~ A Juggler out in Traffic ~ Not Far Now
9. Greg Trooper ~ Cumberland Square ~ Popular Demons
10. The Weepies ~ Slow Pony Home ~ Say I Am You
11. Robyn Landis ~ Leave You Behind ~ Many Moons
12. Gretchen Peters ~ To Say Goodbye ~ Burnt Toast and Offerings
13. Cheryl Wheeler ~ Since You’ve Been Gone ~ Defying Gravity
14. Anais Mitchell ~ Before the Eyes of Storytelling Girls ~ Hymns for the Exiled
15. Rachel Garlin ~ Bound to be Mountains ~ Bound to Be Mountains
16. Lori McKenna ~ Fireflies ~ Pieces of Me
17. Ellis Paul ~ Waking Up to Me ~ The Day After Everything Changed
18. The Ashley Gang ~ Just Like Feelin’ Lonely ~ A Girl in Oklahoma
19. The Weepies ~ Somebody Loved ~ Happiness
20. Jon Brooks ~ War Resister ~ Until You Come Home