A brand new favorite songwriter made the no. 1 spot this month ~ Kat Goldman, a Canadian currently based in Boston and writing the sweetest songs! You can download or order her wonderful new album Gypsy Girl on CD Baby
San Diego songwriters are represented by the amazing Jenn Grinels (at no. 5) and Tom (needs-no-introduction) Waits at no. 18. If you’re a local, you can sometimes catch Jenn in a musical theatre production ~ she’s fantastic in that setting as well.
I’m off to NYC in two days. My first visit! Send me your favorite coffee house venues ~ I’d love suggestions!
Thanks for voting and thanks for listening to Acoustic Pie!
Top 20 Songs on Acoustic Pie
Artist ~ Song ~ Album
1. Kat Goldman ~ Letter from Paris ~ Gypsy Girl
2. Barnaby Bright ~ Gravity ~ Gravity
3. Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers ~ Noelle Noelle ~ Gifthorse
4. Mare Wakefield ~ Roots ~ Meant to Be
5. Jenn Grinels ~ Love Again ~ brokenHEARTbreaker
6. Antje Duvekot ~ Vertigo ~ The Near Demise of the High Wire Dancer
7. Krista Detor ~ More than I Dare Say ~ The Silver Wood Wintersongs
8. Talia Segal ~ Raggedy Andy ~ The Thing Itself
9. Suzanne Vega ~ Bound ~ Close-Up Vol 1, Love Songs
10. Sarah Jarosz ~ Edge of a Dream ~ Song up in Her Head
11. David Francey ~ Wonder ~ Late Edition
12. Ben Carroll ~ Angel’s Arms ~ Lover Undercover
13. Stephen Fearing ~ Johnny’s Lament ~ Yellowjacket
14. Nick Driver ~ Who’s Laughing Now? ~ A Kinda Love this World Could Never Burn
15. Damien Rice ~ 9 Crimes ~ 9
16. Christopher Dallman ~ Ghosts ~ Never Was
17. Carsie Blanton ~ Two at a Time ~ Buoy
18. Tom Waits ~ Grapefruit Moon ~ Closing Time
19. Lucy Wainwright Roche ~ The Worst Part ~ Lucy
20. John Spillane ~ Prince’s Street ~ Will We Be Brilliant or What?